Saturday, November 10, 2012

Still Celebrating!

We're still celebrating and I certainly think the planet and people of many stripes are also. Sanity has prevailed and that bottle of champagne that has lingered in the back of our refrigerator- a gift from my boss at our End of Summer party- proved just the libation.
I'm not much of a white wine or champagne drinker as we all know. Red's my preferred swill, but when presented with a better bottle of the bubbly than I'll spring for, I'm game. Especially when concluding the recent endless slog through red herrings, mud slinging, turd blossoming Season in Hell that was
Election 2012. Republicans are doing their every-several-year hand wringing and wound- licking wondering what they did wrong. I can tell them. Hell, we can ALL tell them. Everything!
As I'm preaching to the (unaffiliated, non-Mormon tabernacle) choir, I'll skip the exegesis and just say I'm available as an inebriated consultant (at a reasonable rate) to the regrouping, non-Karl-Roving GOP. I have loads of swell ideas! Cheap!
Two fun images to leave you with are as follows: George W. Bush (and I sure hope this is true!) ostensibly went into his polling place way down there in Texas and accidentally voted for Barack Obama. And then argued loudly with poll workers that he wanted to change his vote, which of course, he wasn't allowed to do... still stoopid after all these years!
And damn! I just can't remember the second one; there are just too many things that float to the surface and then run away- like dreams. But we never (hopefully) will ever again see a "Linda" sign on anyone's lawn. That in itself is a blessing.
I know! I know! I remember what that other truly awful (not really funny) image is: Mitt Romney's canceling all the credit cards of the people who traveled and worked and put out for him. So when they went to pay their hotel and restaurant bills, the cards provided by the campaign were declined. How pathetic!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment