Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Two Big Projects 2013 Style

My goal in this upcoming year is to accomplish Two Big Projects (obviously with the help and cooperation of my beloved partner Bob and probably a few helper elves). The Great Gods of Time and Money willing, we will at least get under way...
The first is the crucial Enclosing of the Carport. This is important for my happiness and mental health. Why, you may ask? Do I love my car so much that I dread it's spending yet another cold and lonely night beneath the stars? No, it is because Enclosed Carport is the Future Home of the Artist Know as Rita. Let's be real: the living room has been a satisfactory space. It's actually a great space but it's supposed to be the Living Room. When we lived in Bridgewater, I had a fine studio but it was really a "family room" (replete with hideous pink carpeting that needed disappearing). If truth be known, the doorway was so narrow I couldn't work on bigger projects and had to work outdoors or "borrow" Bob's studio. And the ceiling! The ceiling was really low, and even I, short stuff that I am, had dreams of elevations soaring faaaaaaaaaar above my head. The living room that I presently occupy has a very tall ceiling and that has made me desirous of "head room". Therefore, I say ,"Raise high the roof beams, Carpenters!". (Paraphrasing J.D. Salinger)
And the second assignment for Casa de BobnRita is to remake the famous deck:
(We are tactfully ignoring that white residue also known as snow). This batch of slowly decomposing wooden planking will be replaced by stones. Can't wait! This is a really do-able project as we have probably half the stone needed (thanks in no small part to Bill and Gloria and their quarry). As we really enjoy sitting out here at day's end (when the snow's all gone, of course!), this will be a great addition to this side of the house. And maybe it will motivate us to replace that dreadful broken trim board to the left of the door frame... but don't lets get carried away!!!
Hey, I know there are other things that majorly need doing or would simply be swell to do. But I'm a part-time realist and if these two things get done, I'm good for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment