Sunday, March 30, 2014

Studio Progress, Early Spring Style


Oh boy! I couldn't be happier! Bob, with a tiny bit of lifting help from Sheldon and yours truly, got my actual, official studio windows in place this last week. Doesn't that look great? All it takes is a few days of cooperative weather and above freezing temperatures, and the universe smiles down on us and windows are installed. No more plastic for me! (I took the liberty of tweaking out a few stray dead branches that were obstructing the beauty of the above photo. Don't you just love Photoshop?)
Here's an interior shot:
The windows are hinged on the tops and will push out from the bottom. Bob is investigating appropriate hardware. This resumption of the studio project has made me ecstatic. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (no, I am not departing this mortal coil!) and the reality that soon I will take up occupancy. Hooray!
Sheldon and Louise are still with us and I can't say it enough: they're the best house guests. We have put them through all kinds of tests and adventures (Like last night we had a tremendous downpour. Sheldon reported to us this morning that he had a drip on his face... ooops! We seem to have a bit of a ceiling leak; that would happen above a guest's bed. Yuck yuck yuck.) But other than that, we're encouraging them to use a bit of their East Coast time to look for real estate. Remember how much fun we had last week?


No comments:

Post a Comment