Monday, September 29, 2014

Odd Sightings

Is it only me? Or do other people constantly come across such weird stuff? The above picture is in the hollow of a large tree on the side of the road where I walk with Jules every morning. I happened to have my camera with me as I was photographing the stupid garbage (like sofas and building materials) that nasty people dump on the dirt road and I remembered that there was this mini installation in the tree. Fortunately, it was still there, left by aliens, or small children (pretty much the same thing). But what are the chances that I'm standing contemplating the universe as my dog pees, and I look to the left and there they are. Sort of like the "fuck tree". Anyone remember that?
Anyway, I come home and have to realize that maybe that isn't such an odd vision, as Bob left okra in candlesticks on the mantle and maybe that's kind of strange, too.
I agree that they look like candles (and had become too large to eat). And here's another one, while we're at it:
That's a radish straight from the garden, that must have grown around some other root or a rock. It resembles Zippy the Pinhead's girl friend posing for Edward Weston or something! I guess vegetables have a sense of humor, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment