Thursday, November 26, 2015

Things to be Thankful For

I don't know about you, but I'm plenty thankful for lovely mushrooms like the ones above that are growing on a stump in our back yard. They look like constellations. Here's the whole group of them:
I think they're as nice as anything I could have planted.
So here's a bulleted list of reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving season:
  • For Bob! He's a great guy and a good cook. Plus, he and our good friend Joe finished my studio ceiling the other day. Yaaayyy!!!
  • Jule the Dog; the perfect dog who's only psychotic like .09% of the time.
  • Maggie the Mexican Pony who may have soundness issues of late, but is a very nice horse.
  • My studio- with new ceiling or not, one of my absolute favorite places to spend my time.
  • Good friends and family members. They don't vote republican and they're not total weasels.
  • A car that got me home yesterday. Although it threatened to leave me screaming at the side of the road, it came through and made it into the yard.
  • For Stop and Shop being open today, although it is Thanksgiving. Bob and I sort of didn't really plan ahead as our family wasn't celebrating until later in the week. So we didn't consider that maybe other people (like the ones that work at stores) should be with their families. We were able to purchase ingredients to make Quesadillas and pumpkin pie for tonight. (Frozen, on sale pumpkin but pie none the less!)
So there! That's my 2015 list. Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment