Saturday, December 12, 2015

End of Year Project- Kudos to Bob

I wish I had thought to take a picture of the barn before Bob put this lovely wood door up! He really surprised me by just taking the initiative and doing it.
Previously, this section of the barn (which store Maggie's hay supply) was cloaked in an increasingly deteriorating tarp. Looked like shanty town! But Bob cleverly used wood that we had left from other projects and hardware that we had been given to us... in short, it cost like nothing and works really well. The right hand side rolls on a track so you can open  and close it easily. He put a great metal handle on it and it will weather to the same grey in short order. Both Maggie and I are very happy although the picture below doesn't seem to suggest that! Sometimes, it's very difficult to make your horsey friend put her perky little ears forward in a semblance of a good mood:
She appears a tad suspicious in this picture; sort of the "Leave me alone. I was sleeping and what's that annoying little box in your hand? No, I won't put my ears forward and look like your pleasant little palfrey!" But at least her hay is nice and dry and the barn looks so much better. I guess the unseasonably warm inspired Bob to get the door done. We are enjoying the strange December benevolence but it's worth remarking that this is happening during the Paris Climate Summit. Mother Nature does seem intent on reminding us that we're messing around with the natural order of things. Let's hope that- Climate Change deniers aside!- the powers that be come to firm resolve about our environment and everyone gets on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment