Friday, January 12, 2018

Really Big Show

I'm excited getting ready for my really big show! I've been sewing and twisting and shaping and stuffing... my fingers are cracked and bleeding (I'll spare you any documentation of that!) and I am my own sweat shop. Some one should complain to management!
But it's all coming together; I have a February 9th opening and I'm just finishing up details on backings and hangers. I sure hope at least a few people come to my show (I'm pretty sure they will...)
But secretly? I could use a little less "raw material". Everyday, this administration (we know who I'm talking about) lets loose with another spurt of bizarre of profane invective. Shithole countries indeed! Bob and I would be packing up the Dog and Pony Show and moving to... Norway? except that I have a really big show approaching and hell! We need to stay and fight the good fight! Art as activism!
By the way, the name of my show is "Complicity Loves Company". I thought that was catchy but also it's true. And I can think of more than a few complicit individuals that should be going down in flames soon enough. A friend just sent us "Fire and Fury" so I know what we'll be digging into later today. As one pundit remarked, "If one tenth of this book is true, we're in trouble". And let's face it: we've already heard many of these stories before.
BUT we can thank our lucky charms that the weather broke as my studio is once again inhabitable. the sub-zero temperatures had me cowering in the living room, wearing a hat and gloves while stitching away like a modern day Betsy Ross. With temperatures in the 40's, 50's and today (maybe?) almost 60 (!!!), it's foggy and balmy and I can complete my masterpieces. You should see the one that's up on my wall, awaiting the finishing dingle berries! OMG!! (This is a tease to get you to look at my next posting). Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment