Thursday, January 3, 2019

Starting All Over Again


We made it to 2019! Taking everything into consideration, I think that's a remarkable accomplishment. I spent (and I know you did too!) part of this last year worrying about nuclear annihilation and the epidemic of stupidity that has swamped our country so to see the dawning of 2019 is some sort of milestone.
It's hard to fathom but we're celebrating our 8th anniversary of buying this house today. Yikes! That went by in flash.  We have done lots of great things here, and so far haven't done a few funny things- like fix those weird holes in the wall in the living room. (They're conveniently hidden behind the dining table most of the time.) As some one reassured us at our house purchase party, "You have the rest of your lives to do things". I'm paraphrasing but it was something to that effect!
Baring unforeseen disasters (tornado, anyone?) Bob and I are eager to get on with more interesting and challenging projects such as redoing the kitchen sink and making the famous mosaic wall. Last year's tornado did throw us off schedule (not that we have an official "schedule") and we're still picking up the remains of that storm.
Better things in 2019! Impeachment of a certain (neurologically disturbed) Orange Menace? Move forward of effective Climate Change?Making my first million dollars... yay!!! I guess- despite a nasty head cold that Bob and I thoughtfully shared- I'm somewhat cautiously optimistic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment