Friday, August 18, 2023

They're Gonna make A Big Star Outta Me!


Hahahahhahhaha! Wouldn't that be nice? Well whether I become a big star or not, some of my artwork is going to The Spring/Break Art Show... and I'm going to go, too! This is the second time I've been selected to have my work presented so I'm doubly excited!!

I have actually had several things to blog about, but this is the most exciting(*1) thing to happen directly to me. The fair is six days of non-stop art world thrills and fun. I was exhausted after the previous trip to Spring/Break; I have no idea how many people attended but believe me it was LOTS and I was hoarse for days after, having talked to what felt like each and every attendee.

I am deeply indebted to The CAMP Galley (*2) for being soooo supportive and especially to Melanie for listening to me intone how she really should take some of her artists (ie; ME!!) to Spring/Break this year. I was like the proverbially squeaky wheel. But it worked!

Here's a link to check out some images from a previous year:

Anyway, I'm still reeling form the upcoming excitement. Be still my heart!!!!

(*1) Really?!?!? More exciting than the orange menace being indicted for the millionth time?!??! Well, that was a close second...

(*2) The CAMP Gallery, or The Contemporary Art Modern Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment