Monday, August 22, 2011

Island Life

This is so cool. Bob and I discussed just how badly we needed an island in the kitchen and I spied this odd cabinet at work at the auction house. It was super cheap and oddly sized; it was only 22 inches high and no one seemed to know exactly what it was (labelled as "Dog Bed?" complete with question mark.) I got it for $12 (and it's made from actual wood! No fiber board!) and Bob added a bottom layer to make it counter height. He also put in a shelf and added doors. Even better was the fact that he ghad a slab of stone that a friend gave to him... and it fit perfectly. (What are the chances of THAT happening?) Here's a view of the other side. It's already been a big hit; we can't begin to imagine what we did before the island. It changed traffic flow in the kitchen in a good way; serves to keep me and Jules out of the way when Bob is cooking... only kidding!
So Bob will be preturbed; he wanted to repaint it before I posted this, but I was eager to share the results. I think it looks just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment