Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

First blog post Post- Irene! Bob and I lost power for four days and it felt like forever. All that food we bought to stock up in case of disaster and shortages? Thrown away! Lots of half-melted slimy berries and vegetables ladled from the "freezer". Pathetic.
It amazes me just how fast I become a sniveling wretch, unable to bear to be without a shower or a hot cup of coffee. The ever resourceful Bob managed to boil water on the gas grill but then of course there was no where to keep the milk. We schlepped buckets of water from our stream to flush the toilet so at least that aspect of life wasn't too disgusting. But all the dishes and laundry that piles up makes you wonder how people in "the old days" ever made art or did anything even vaguely interesting.
I think I took the above picture during the hurricane; it looks like things blowing by. I'm just glad the power- and my wits!- were restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment