Saturday, October 1, 2011

Morning Glory- Finally!

Here it is: October 1st and we finally have blooms on the morning glories we planted on the vegetable garden fence. In the background are the remains of our tomato crop. The vines look terrible, all saggy, rotting leaves from cool nights, but a few slowly ripening fruits hanging on. How I miss tomatoes when they're gone!! On the other hand, I congratulate Bob and I on a successful garden despite a hectic year and a series of bizarre episodes... including my famous eye injury. We are eating delicious peppers and squash still; I think the basil is still alive although not so pretty.
And speaking of basil, we're awaiting that first frost that signals our anniversary! It's nice to have a floating holiday to celebrate but some years we get antsy and celebrate six or seven times...

No comments:

Post a Comment