Wednesday, December 24, 2014

T'was the Night Before Xmas

Aren't these delightful gingerbread men? Emphasis on men as they come equipped to deliver holiday joy. And they tasted great, too! Thanks to a good friend for providing seasonal fun. We did have a fine and silly time last night.
And boy did I need it! Everything in preparation for my show in New York at Odetta Gallery has been going really well, except that for some truly incomprehensible reason, I have not been able to get good photos of several of my pieces. My good friend Ellen (who runs Odetta) even remarked. "Isn't this what you do for a living?" I suffered an extreme lapse of confidence on that and even went to work on Monday and Tuesday certain that I'd be unable to take a decent picture ever again and lose my job. So, chalk it up to my not simply making paintings, but working in peculiar mixtures of plastic, fabric, chains, and everything that has different textures and reflectiveness. Yeeesh. What a friggin' nightmare! I work in the middle of the night, thinking how I'd never become a famous and respected artist because I couldn't get a decent picture. My images had gone from bad to worse, with wonky color discrepancies and uneven lighting. Fortunately, another good friend is coming over to assist in the documentation department on Sunday...
I got so crazy the other night when I was having to try and photograph (for the 6oth time!) along with baking two batches of cookies for our Holiday Cookie Swap (otherwise known as the grease and sugar exchange) at work, that I started hallucinating. I even saw a face on the lemon I was zesting for sugar cookies. It looks sort of like the Man in the Moon.
Anyway, Bob and I have decided to purchase a new bed in lieu of giving each other Christmas presents. At least we'll enter the New Year with better prospects for sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment