Thursday, March 5, 2015

Green Snow and Other Visions of Spring


Yes, we repeated an old trick and sprayed our snow green. That was to celebrate brave friends who struggled through cold and the winter doldrums to eat and make merry last night. This morning. fresh snow had already obscured my pseudo-shrubbery...
Spring should be here soon. The light has definitely changed and the days seem to be lengthening and I see small harbingers on my walk. Jules and I spotted a very confused looking chipmunk running around on top of the snow. But did I mention that it's snowing again? (And more predicted for Tuesday into Wednesday? Egads!) I also saw a skunk and a herd of deer and Jules thinks something awfully interesting has been peeing in the snow on our walk.
Four days or so later and guess what? My good friend Wasil is NOT coming to Connecticut because of weather. I give up! I can't say I blame him as there is significant icing and we got stuck in our driveway two times today. The proverbial luge run! At least I don't need to worry about cleaning the downstairs bathroom.
Both Bob and I admit to deadened brains and few thoughts- original or otherwise. You know what? You can skip reading this until the my next post. I apologize for being cold and dense. But I promise my next blog posting returns to the lively discussion of artists and the vagaries of the art world. Yes, we venture back to Brooklyn tomorrow afternoon, to entertain the masses of art fair goers that are being lured to the 'hood in search of fine art!

No comments:

Post a Comment