Saturday, May 9, 2015

Queen of the Shit Pile

There I am standing tall on my horse Maggie's hard work. Yes, I am Queen of the Shit Pile. My friends on Facebook have already seen this picture, But surprisingly, no one has come along to try and topple me! Isn't that the way the game of life is played? Especially in the Art World.
I have officially hit my 400th posting on Blogger. I amazed even myself, as that's a lot of posting. I attempt to blog regularly about life here on the Art Farm but sometimes life gets in the way...
And Spring is a busy season. The shit pile needs turning (so that it will become compost), the seeds need planting and we have to go back into NYC tomorrow. Holy cow! When will I get back into my studio!!!
So much happened here this last week. Both Bob and Jules celebrated birthdays and we did more than our share of running around, taking in Open Studios (at an artist's residency program called I Park) and picking up our new bed. That's another story worthy of a complete posting... or maybe I'll have my sister Beatrice explain the intricacies of procuring a surface on which to sleep. I cannot possibly do that subject justice!
In addition, I finally began- successfully- a new long term project in my studio. It was a gnarly, prolonged incubation period this time, with much gnashing of teeth and beating of breast. I lapsed into a deep bout of The Worried Artist, as in: I'll never have another idea again in my life. I have made my last piece. Maybe I never was an artist to begin with.... stupid drama queen stuff. I excel at it- look at me on that shit pile! Hahahhahaha. (At least I can laugh at myself. Sometimes.) But it's all coming together handsomely and now I just need more time.
That's enough for now. I feel the need to retreat to that new bed as we have a long day in NYC tomorrow. I need to sound semi-coherent for my part of the artist's talk that I'm participating in!

No comments:

Post a Comment