Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sundries with Care Givers

An odd hybrid! Like a centaur only not. Maggie's been eating the lawn and doing a lovely job of trimming around Bob's sculptures. And such sculptures! Bob calls them "Care Givers". But the other day, she had an accident or bad adventure. Something either scared her or she was trying to get away from the plague of little gnats that have been swarming around but the upshot was Bob found Maggie on the wrong side of the fence and she followed him back to the barn. She was a bit quiet all day but there wasn't even any broken skin or scratches. Lucky horse!
Here's her other side. Unfortunately, I am hesitant to put Maggie out on the lawn now... I'll make her a eating are contiguous to her pasture so that she can return to her stall if she feels like she's in danger.
I'm so behind! I have planting, planting, planting to do. Things we started from seeds, plants that have been given to me, plants that we've bought (remind me to list the several very cool shrubs and trees!) But today I have to work, despite it being Saturday so I'm feeling yet another day behind. Oh, to be able to emulate Maggie or Jules and stay home and fetch balls and graze! Or plant all those worthy seedlings.

(Cornus X "Celestial Shadow" (variegated dogwood- we have the perfect spot for it! Cryptomeria "Black Dragon" (yes, last winter killed the one we had but we liked it so much we're trying again!) and I finally found Potentilla "Primrose Beauty" to replace a cultivar called "Katherine Dykes" that I had to leave when we moved.) And all those seedling! Individual colors of delphinium! Anchusa! Anemones.... agrrghh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment