Sunday, July 31, 2016

Fortuitous Coincidence

Maybe you remember our shower curtain. Maybe you don't (you're forgiven). That's it above. It has lovely summery stripes. (The picture is a tad dark but I'm having trouble locating the "brighten" command in Paint Shop Pro and our Photoshop program doesn't work with Windows 10...the accursed Windows 10 again!) Anyway a couple of weeks ago, Bob and I were at a second hand store and I remarked that I wanted to get Lil' Robin a new water dish to put in the bathroom upstairs. (We had a couple of supremely ugly ones that neither one of us liked. Poor Robin was kind enough to with hold her opinion.) We both liked a particular bowl but it wasn't until we got it home that we understood why:
It matched the shower curtain exactly! (Those odd spots are water drops from my having washed it, not glazing imperfections). Robin seemed to like the cheerful bowl and we enjoyed the colorful serendipity. But then friends (thank you Sheldon and Louise!) gave me several pairs of socks for my latest birthday and as I selected a particular pair to put on, it occurred to me that the stripes looked eerily familiar:
Must be cosmic! Maybe we'll repaint the exterior of the house...




No comments:

Post a Comment