Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wildlife

As wild as life gets! That's Lil' Robin the Good, laying blue eggs. Isn't taht what Robin's do? (It's actually Robin laying around with her football, but it looked like a big egg.)
(Unretouched photo.) But! Life has been anything but dull in the sightings (and hearings) of wild animals department. Bob and I went to a really nice backyard Fourth of July party on Sunday and saw a BOBCAT cross the road in the wilds of Beacon Falls. When we got home and let Robin out to run her yayas out, there were BATS! in the sky above; circling and devouring millions of mosquitoes. I love BATS! I hope their populations are recovering from that dreadful white nose fungus.
And then we heard coyotes that night...
And next morning, while watering the vegetable garden, Bob saw a slew (gaggle? flotilla? gobble?) of turkeys crossing the driveway, with both parents and babies in attendance. Minutes after I returned from my walk with Robin, I saw something dive across the fence line and thought it was the neighbor's pesky Siamese cat, but it was a FOX! Maggie came out from the cool of her stall to investigate, but the FOX was long gone.
Robin and I also saw a very large SNAPPING TURTLE laying her roadside eggs last week. I think it must be the same one I've seen several years running now.
Maggie's not looking too wild in this picture. Who can blame her; it's been very hot.
A close up:
Yup! She's snoozing. I think she's being to feel her age. Aren't we all? I'm due to turn 60 in a couple of weeks. I guess I still have a bit of wild life in me!




No comments:

Post a Comment