Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year A Comin'

 

For those of you who haven't had the chance to experience our lovely 2023 model Xmas tree- here it is! Still Xmas at our house, at least for a couple more weeks.

And it's going to be "New Year, New Phone" as my old phone (read very old, really old) shit the bed. Let's face it: it's been a long time coming as my relationship with my Luna Pro 3 was fraught, to put it mildly. 

The phone's existence started out fine but seemed to develop personal quirks and unnecesary idiosyncracies. I swear it was mildly possessed. It was sometimes cranky about turning on, but then became increasingly hard to turn off. It took to dialing random numbers when unasked and sometimes just sat there and refused to do anything at all. I confess to hurling/tossing/flinging and occasionally- yes!- throwing my phone across the room, or if outdoors, across the lawn. I horrified Bob.

So I am now phone-less in a society absolutely welded to their phones. I feel remarkably bouyant and liberated. The only thing I have missed thus far is my cocktail-hour immersion in Wordle and Spelling Bee. (Bob lent me his phone, but it wasn't the same.) My new phone is on its way; it should be in my possession by the end of the week. Meanwhile, I am perfectly happy to resort to landline and desktop for my communicating and computing needs.

And here's one last image to take away from 2023 and its increasingly weird weather. Mud. Endless overcast skies, lots of rain and so much mud!

Here's my pony, anointed in it. Let's not get into the ramifications of it's being New Year's Eve and we have had zero snow. The ground isn't even frozen. I guess we'll have to wake up tomorrow in a brand new year and embrace the mud. Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment