Sunday, November 2, 2014

Justice and Other Niceties

Well, for all those that worried that I'd do hard time for breaking the speed of sound on my way to work, no fear! justice has been done and my ticket was reduced to a mere $35 infraction. My day in court was something of a anticlimax as it resembled a deli line more than courtroom drama. We all sort of shuffled along on hard wooden benches, but were processed really fast- like so fast that no one really even wanted to look at my splendid photo  documentation of the scene of the crime. (As seen above: evidence!) Bob and I did make sure and get a parking ticket while in the court house attending to the primary crime. How were we supposed to know that you put the parking ticket received from the kiosk on the dash board? I thought they had magic space sensors.
At least that (non) drama is behind me and I can concentrate on finishing up all the details accompanying my debut of Better Guns and Gardens this Friday at Artspace. I was lucky today and despite the blustery frigid wind, I managed to get everything on my art shopping list. And I further scored large by finding a wonderful ensemble to wear to my opening! Yet another source of stress alleviated!
I am really looking forward to the culmination of ages and ages of hard work. Many of the spills and chills were provided by Staples in the form of stupid mistakes in printing my work. And these are the "professionals" that we're supposed to trust and rely on! Hahahaha. Time is short and there'd better not be any more unforeseen snafus.
Here's a picture of the evite. I certainly hope all my adoring public will be in attendance!
For some reason, I think it's funny that it's green! But hey! Who cares what color the announcement is? It's going to be a great show and it's up until the very end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment