Friday, October 27, 2017

End of Season and Looking to Spring

One of the last flowers of the season! And although we haven't had a hard frost and we haven't been able to officially celebrate our non-anniversary, the few flowers that remain are getting weaker and paler... except for these crazy morning glories! They seem to be in their element. The color is spectacular and they're dribbling and sprawling all over the vegetable garden gates.
And while Bob has reminded me that I said I was "done planting" (whatever that means!) I did manage to score a couple more types of white daffodils and narcissus for that newly planted spring blooming area. I have already planted "Barrett Browning", "Misty Glen", "Thalia" and "Ice Follies", I was eager to snatch up "Mount Hood " and "Poeticus" on sale at an Agway. That new area is going to really be a treat in the spring, as I have lamented the lack of much of anything going on early in the season at The BauHaus Chicken Coop. Next year should bring a lovely explosion of white daffodils, assorted lilacs and an under planting of vinca. I gives me something to look forward to, even if "they" are predicting a relatively mild winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment