Sunday, July 22, 2018

Rites of Passage

In case you didn't know, my birthday was July 20th. My favorite present thus far is definitely this fun-loving little Picea Orientalis "Skylands". I have wanted one for ages and almost purchased one multiple times but waited as I wasn't sure where it would go as they do grow and get quite large! But with all that (ahem) available real estate opening up in the back yard, placement is suddenly less an issue. Bob and I took a field trip to Broken Arrow Nursery and located this specimen. I liked the long outreach of his branch; He seemed optimistic. Bob (for reasons unknown) promptly named the tree "Spencer". So welcome Spencer!
Here's the rest of the booty. Bob thrust me firmly into the twenty-first century by presenting me with a Smart Phone. Thank you Bob! Now I will just have to figure out how to activate it and what to do with my fossil phone. I am going to miss showing off just how tragic my phone is/was; you'll recall that it is held together with tape, elastic bands and love. Suffice it to say, I did well in the gifts department and couldn't be happier!
A passage of another sort occurred today. Bob chain sawed an opening in the three-trunked spruce that had landed square in the middle of Maggie's field. That was a lot to cut through! Now Maggie can take a short cut back to her barn and I don't have to steer wheelbarrows full of manure all over the fifty states to dump it! It was quite a journey with a full load of horse manure; especially in the heat and humidity. Try it some time!
And look! More piles of wood! More stacks of logs! Hahahaha! I think I've reached my wood saturation point. Yes, I know we will be happy this winter when we have tons and tons of wood to keep us warm, but there is a lot of the stuff.
And look at this:
That's the top of yet another spruce tree that broke off and landed point down in Maggie's field. That's another sort of clean up to attend to... another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment