Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Pleasant Diversion

 

I promise! This is a nice posting full of the colors of autumn; no blood-engorged ticks, or ailing animals. Just pleasing fall color... It all started when Bob bought the lovely chrysanthemum pictured above. Stupendous! It brightened our doorway and replaced the blown-by flowers of summer...

As I gazed on that delightful chrysanthemum, I realized that straight ahead was a maple tree, blazing the same orange color...

And all along the top of our fence was the exact same shade of orange! I was surrounded by the brilliance of fall! (*1)

Close up of those dangerously beautiful leaves! And lastly, as I walked back to the house, I spied the burnished orange of the tall marigolds in our large container:

It seems to be the color of this season, alright! And I for one welcome all the burning brilliance I can imagine as all too soon, we'll have the whiteness of frost and snow.

(*1) The discerning among you will correctly identify that last flaming plant atop the fence as (yes!) poison ivy! This is why I come down with it every couple of weeks; we're immersed by it. But you do have to admit that it's got glorious fall color!

No comments:

Post a Comment