Friday, February 17, 2012

A (Free) Chicken in Every Pot

Bob and I were told, by a Stop and Shop check out person no less, that if there were no rotisserie chickens done when you arrived starving and impatient for rotisserie chicken, you are to be given one free. This started a free rotisserie chicken avalanche of sorts. For the last month and a half, I have arrived at somewhere between 4:30 and 6:00 and I have procured a free chicken on every Friday except one. We have had at least four (and I think five) free chickens. The poor young woman who mans the courtesy desk sees me coming and has a free coupon ready Maybe it seems like sort of a scam, but they guarantee the readiness of their birds.
Now it's become a game of sorts; will dinner be free? Or will we finally have break down and pay the already reduced price of $5.00? And the chicken is consistently delicious, too.
It was even weirder tonight as I left the Stop and Shop after being told that the chicken wouldn't be ready for another 35 minutes and went to KMart to "kill time". I selected a (highly reduced) pair of really outrageous rainbow woodgrain tights (that were all of $1.00 after discounts). A message promptly came on the intercom, "Attention KMart shoppers..." Apparantly, there was a cosmic glitch and none of the cash registers were functioning and absolutely nothing in the store could be sold. We were told that we either could come back in an hour or return tommorrow. Do they want to sell us this stuff or not???
Following a lovely- and free- meal I have an appointment with destiny to obtain those thrilling leggings...
Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment