Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sick O" Single Socks

The equivalent of airing one's dirty linen in public is exposing the alarmingly disorganized contents of one's sock drawer on the Internet. But I'm nothing if not brave.
Bob says (correctly) that whenever he washes the laundry, he winds up with a fistful of singleton socks.... and they're all mine! I have no idea where they have all fled to; they're probably seeking sock asylum , longing to reunited someday with their straying mate. I just bought five new pairs of socks and do you think I can locate half of them already?
I suspect Jules (who's father was a thief) swipes some of them. I have spied him slipping down the stairs with head tucked low to his chest, slobbering over one of my socks. If only he'd take the whole pair!
I haev vowed to spend a rainy afternoon sorting and discarding those socks who have been orphaned for too long- or maybe I'll just resort to furtively wearing mismatched hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment