Friday, April 6, 2012

Where Have I Been?

So much for the fabled "good intentions"! I planned on blogging on the first anniversary of my blog, I planned on blogging on April Fools Day (a perfect date!) and I planned on blogging waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more consistently/persistently but I guess I've been "busy". (Note all those pesky parentheses).
Anyway, one of those things that commands my time on a regular basis is my ritual morning walk with my personal trainer, Jules. Above is one of the many spectacular sights we encounter along the dirt road that is now "ours". (More parentheses...) Jules and I are definitely proprietory about our road. I grumble when the (very occasional) car uses it for short cut purposes and I smirk when I run into runners. We are especially insenced when stupid people dump grabage and building materials like in the following picture. I mean, what gives? Dump your trash on a road or a shopping center, not out on my walk!

Really! Jules and I often bring a small plastic bag a pick up bottles and sandwich wrappers but the above is serious amounts of construction refuse. And although it doesn't appear obvious from my picture, that's down a really steep slope so who ever has to clean it up has to rappel down a percipitous hillside. Aren't human beings great???
Let's end on a beautiful springtime vision. Only a bit further down the road from the top picture is this scene. (There are also ducks on this pond, but they fly noisily away whenever Jules and I draw near).

No comments:

Post a Comment