Sunday, January 1, 2023

Where Does The Time Go?


 Okay! Let's end the old year (2022) on a happy note; and here's Ganesha to help us out. I think he's associated with removing obstacles and ushering in wisdom and understanding. And do we need that now! (*1)

What a year! We don't even need to go back over that... let's just look forward and hope that "things" get better. I guess they couldn't get worse, what with wars in Ukraine (and elsewhere), year three of the pandemic, inflation, and gun-loving right wing white supremacist MAGA goons... oops! I wasn't going to go there!

I am happy to report that at least one of my two New Year's resolutions from this past January came to fruition. I had vowed to find a gallery to represent me, and Lo! and behold, I am signing a two year contract with a commercial gallery and participating in a two person show this January... so that makes me happy. I wasn't quite as successful with my other New Year's resolution... (*2) but one outta two ain't bad. (To paraphrase Meat Loaf).

So as we sally forth into the new year, I am trying to remember what I thought of the other day as a really appropriate resolution. But I'm forgetting what it was so we'll just leave it there for now. So onward and upwards and into the future we go.

What is the Chinese Year of the Rabbit? | Chinese Zodiac | CLI

It is the Year of the Rabbit in the Chinese Horoscope; a year supposedly "lucky for families"and a gentler kind of year... we can only hope. Happy New Year!


(*1) And yes, this particular representation of Ganesha is interesting in that he seems to be wearing bright red long-johns.

(*2) My other resolution was to not pick things up off the floor without first identifying what the thing is. I wander around without my contact lens out and I often mistake nasty things (dragged in by us or Robin the Good) for innocent things.Like I picked up what I thought was a leaf and it was a slug. Eewww! Or I picked up what I thought was a small piece of cardboard and... no, you do NOT want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment