Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Vegetable Garden Takes Shape

Here I am breaking the sod on our vegetable garden. All kidding aside, I have tremendous renewed respect for our pioneer foremothers and fathers who moved westward and plowed the plains. That and a renewed appreciation for the "Spinal Tap" song "Sex Farm Woman" which I had stuck in my head the whole time we rototilled. (You'd have to go back and watch that again...)
Okay, so I was naive and thought the rototilling would take like two hours and then we'd go around the back of the house and rototill the flower borders. Hahahahahahaha. We worked on this garden for 9:30 in the morning until after 5:30 (by the time we dumped the rocks.) We're exhausted. Don't ask us how big it is; we forgot to measure. But it's plenty big.
Using a rototiller proved to be much harder than I expected. The machine bucked and snorted and coughed rocks all the way around. See my next post for evidence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment