Wednesday, August 24, 2011

As Above, So Below and Somewhere Inbetween


I was worried when we looked at this house to buy, as it's very near a small (but apparently growing) airport. I'd have to say in general we haven't been too preoccupied by overhead phenomenom although the picture makes the point that things do fly by frequently. That's nice when the "thing" in question is a bat or a blue heron and less so when it's a jumbo jet liner. I find the noise of the occassional helicopter to be more disruptive than the airplanes but then I find the motorcycles that scramble mufflerlessly up the road even more annoying. But it's always going to be something...
Like the earthquake that hit us yesterday. I was at work photographing $12,000 worth of Tiffany flatware and the wall started shimmying. Not to mention my knees felt wonky and there was a truly odd sound. I thought a delivery truck had backed into the auction house but of course it turned out to be the earthquake. Is anyone else interested in the acceleration of incidents of odd weather? It seems every time we turn around, there's a tsunami or a category 5 hurricane or a flood or a drought...

No comments:

Post a Comment