Sunday, August 14, 2011

A New Member of the Family

I seem to have a birthday that keeps on giving. My mother gave mea check for my birthday, and she'd be proud of all the things I managed to procure (on sale!!) with her generous gift. The two most wonderful were a door for my studio (yay! We have yet to install it, but it's here). And this delightful Dr. Suess-esque Blue Atlas Cedar. He has quite the personality!
I have always played with an area of the garden thta I call the Blue Border, in which I try to include only (or mostly) plants with blue foliage or blue flowers. This little guy will provide a good basic skeleton for the Blue Border. Bob keeps warning me that this tree will get BIG but I assume that's probably not anytime soon.
All in all, I received all kinds of great gifts- mostly plants but art making items as well!!- and I've been thoroughly enjoying them. Thanks to generous family and friends the garden and our place is stating to look almost resonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment