Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Grass IS Greener

Bob and I were enjoying our morning cup of coffee in bed this drizzly a.m. when there came a loud rapping at our back door; an unusual occurence that sent Jules barking down the stairs and me frantically pulling on my pants, one leg at a time. At the door was our neighbor Meagan (resplendent in bright pink fuzzy pjs and an interesting robe). She bore the intelligence that Crispin had escaped his pasture and was to be seen galloping and gamboling acoss their lawn. Happy dancing horse! Fortunately, he proved easy to capture and re-corral once a bucket resembling breakfast was produced, although he flirted momentarily with a bit of high-heeled rearing and snorting looking for all the world like a small Lippizaner.
I'm glad that Crisco the Stallion had a mini-adventure. He looked very pleased with himself and no harm was done to our neighbor's lawn. I guess everyone is delighting in spring!
And on a less dramatic note, the daffodils that provided only a cluster of leaves last spring (inherited, not planted) decided to flower, so I no longer need lament my dearth of daffodils. I was so busy last fall that I planted only some tulips; I neglected daffodils and crocuses (and all the other bulbs like muscari, frittilaria, chinodoxia etc. etc.) You can't do everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment