Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time Change


I've been blogging about our move to the BauHaus Chicken Coop for a little over a year now. We really have done an awful lot, but there are all kinds of annoying things to administer to- like the stupid, unattractive and useless towel rack on the downstairs bathroom door. (As in hang a towel up and wait for it to hit the floor. The rack looks like it came out of a 1960's car; chrome and oddly shaped. And there's this oozy blob of old glue seeping out of one end... I won't even photograph it! ) We're making an entirely new list...
But outside looks pretty swell. The pond (above) has been entertaining ducks and I sawed off a bit of the elder tree that had been cracked in that freaky snow storm of last October. Just straightening things up a bit. Bob has done a dynamite job down by the stream, clearing away old piles of sticks and making the swampy area look much more pleasant and festive. There is even skunk cabbage appearing. And I just had a tick crawling on my hand. Must be spring!
Now that it's lighter outside later, it is a great motivator. I can come home and have time- and daylight- for projects or just fooling around with The Dog. I'm going to de-sod the strip by the back of the house so we can continue to mulch with white quartz rocks and make a border all the way around. that's on the table for this afternoon. I don't want to be inside as its so warm and sunny but I do want to get some work done in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment