Thursday, November 22, 2012

All the Things to be Thankful For

I made a wreath to bring to Mommy's house for Thanksgiving. I hardly think I'm jumping the gun as too many neighbors already sport Santas and reindeer and lights, lights, lights for that pre-mature Xmas feel. And, yes, I acknowledge my wreath is lopsided and not one of those perfect circular items available at LL Bean. In fact, it could be referred to as "artistic" as anything vaguely lumpy or irregular is!
My list! of things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving Day:
Barack Obama is still president. Hoorah! (That's a big one!)
My horse trade seems to have gone well. Just got a report that Crispin has a "girlfriend" and the kids like his rocking chair canter. (It was his best asset!) And Maggie the Horse? Just what the doctor ordered: small dark and very quiet. She's a good little horse.
Bob and I are happy and healthy and semi-solvent.
Jules. He's such a good dog- even when he's bad!
My mother (aka Mommy) still is able to live at home and be there for Thanksgiving.
My sisters and friends are good people and not some crazy tea party nut jobs.
The weather's nice; not sleet and shit falling from the heavens.
I didn't eat too much today...

No comments:

Post a Comment