Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What Is It? (Part 563)

Okay, this is a hard one: What is it?
Give up? It's my horse's version of a snow angel. If you look really carefully, you can see where she rolled in the snow, and there are two (dirty) wings off to the right and left... I guess you had to be there. But I was charmed! Maggie is pretty funny. The other day, she picked up her rubber feed dish in her mouth- it was empty- and threw it across the pasture as if to say, "Go fill this up immediately!"
Bob points out that Maggie is a pig. She pulls her hay out of the hay rack and throws it all over. She poops here and there and everywhere- very much unlike Crispin who (for all his faults) only pooped in one discreet area up by the gate. Maggie takes heroic dumps in her stall, figuring (correctly) that we will clean up after her. She is often covered in mud, with bits of hay affixed to her ears and threaded through her forelock. But she's a good little horse!

So here's a drawing I did of Maggie. I find it pretty funny that she was advertised as a "Mexican Pony". When I googled that, not surprisingly, no such breed appeared and all I got were links to purchasing Mexican versions of the kid's toy My Little Pony- which was pretty weird! They were all garish colors like pink and lavender and had pale blue spots and peculiar pastel manes with goddawful bows in them. They didn't look like my "Mexican Pony" at all.
I think Maggie was bored today with the snow and freezing rain. She had miniature mountains of snow on her butt this morning and generally looked miserable. I don't know what she's thinking as she can go in her stall any time she wants- total access!  I visited with her this afternoon, feeding her more hay and consoling her that if the sun comes out tomorrow and she dries off, we'll go for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment