Monday, April 1, 2013

The above shot of Hell is exactly what my throat feels like. I don't often fall ill but recently I think I've been suffering from stress on top of a few sleepless nights and now I'm fighting off a cold.
I am actually home from work, too, as I correctly figured that my co-workers would not appreciate my sharing germs and malaise. I rarely take sick days, but I am hoping that lying around the house dozing and blogging will knock out whatever small viral invader I am currently entertaining.
And speaking of entertaining, our good friends Don and Elizabeth visited from Massachusetts this weekend. They hadn't been down together in quite a while and we had a good time, talking art and politics and movies and mob connections. (Not personal mob ties; tangential ones!) I am hoping they didn't personally deliver- or leave with!- my illness. I am thinking I picked this little bugger up from (another) visit to the Yale Art Galleries. Bob and Don and Elizabeth and I were so tired from staying up late talking and imbibing adult beverages that we yawned and lurched from one thoughtfully provided bench to another. It was a congenial way to spend the day: an eyeful of art and nothing to do but look.
This may look like a shot of our dirty carpeted stairs, but to my sick eyes, it was a pleasing zigzag abstracted  shape. A minute before I impelled myself up those stairs to get my camera to document this, the light had been more dramatic, with a sharp golden wiggle coursing along the edge of the zigzag. Wasn't there when I came back, but hey! indulge a suffering artist. My neck hurts, too.
Then I saw this. Maybe I'm hallucinating. See if you can figure out what this is. In the meantime, I think I'll go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment