Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tea for Two

Yes, here I am standing in front of the kitchen garbage can, in preparation for plunging my arm down and in.  Several days ago, we had gotten food from a Chinese restaurant and they had included two complimentary tea bags. As we hadn't drank the tea with dinner, Bob suggested that we have the tea today. Without thinking, I tossed the tea bags in the trash. Then I recalled that it was labelled "Fortune Tea" and I assumed that- much like fortune cookies (or even domestic Salada tea) there was a fortune on the little piece of paper that secured the bag. Of course I documented my dumpster dive before impact. The punchline is that I pulled the still warm tea bag out (now decorated with all kinds of nastiness), and there was no fortune... just the name to the company. Hahahaha.
This morning, Bob went to prepare our morning coffee. I hear him opening and shutting what sounded like every drawer and cupboard in the kitchen. A few minutes later, Bob comes back up stairs, swearing that he cannot find the black plastic basket that fits into Mr. Coffee's mechanism. I descend to have a look. I re-searched every possible hiding place; I even looked in the downstairs bathroom and laundry area and my studio. I'm just about to give up, thinking aliens or Elvis impersonators have snuck in under cover of dark and pulled a prank, when I remember that I had had a coffee ground accident the morning before. Sure enough, there's the coffee basket in the garbage can. A popular place! Next time I can't find my car keys or my gloves- or my mind!- I'll know where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment