Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Very Rude Plant

Oh my! I was walking through one of my favorite nurseries and trying to be good (ie; not buy everything I see). I had found the specific plant I was seeking- a Salvia Argentea (looks like giant fuzzy lamb's ears) and was happy and fully prepared to buy it and leave. When I passed a whole table of sedums.
In the middle of that rather flat display of rossettes was this very rude erect individual.
Talk about big pink stiffies! This plant was practically leering and winking and I found it so very funny that I bought him, too. The people at the check out were as entertained by the plant's rude presimption as I was and we all had a good laugh. I decided that maybe I'd decide to plant a Rude Border full of plants that give you the finger or flaunt their readiness for play and meaningful cross pollination.
Our friend now lives on the deck (well, loosely called a "deck". Remember that there are salad fixin's growing in the boards...) and confronting all visitors. Here's another shot of him:
Bob picked out the container that our new plant is happily ensconced in and I think it sets him off to perfection. And flowers are coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment