Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Good to See Friends!

 

One obvious definite positive about having been vaccinated is being able to safely visit with friends. (*1) Bob and I- and I'm supposing most people- are suddenly enjoying the company of OTHER PEOPLE! On Monday, I delivered over-due birthday gifts to my sister and her partner (Hello Beatrice! Hello John!) and enjoyed a delightful luncheon on their back deck. I had not seen them in an entire year... you don't what you're missing until you realize an entire year has passed. Talking on the phone is certainly no substitute to in-person visiting. Thank goodness for Moderna! Pfizer! Even Johnson & Johnson!

And last night we entertained two other couples. It was almost overwhelming. I was tired anyway from not having well slept for two nights, and then seeing four other people in chairs! In our garden! On our terrace! I was shaking and twitching by 9:00 and slept the sleep of the overstimulated but very happy last night. We have more friends lined up in the coming weeks.... making up for lost time!

We've been lucky: Bob and I have weathered the pandemic and quarantine in fine form. We haven't run out of things to talk about yet! But it's nice to cross-pollinate with other people. I know we're all eager to create a new normal. We're still being vigilant about variants but seeing friends across the picnic table last night and allowing them inside (once the mosquitos and other unidentified flying offenders) descended was... weird! And good! 

(*1) All you anti-vaxxers out there consider this: you can safely visit with friends after what? Fourteen months?

No comments:

Post a Comment