Monday, August 30, 2021

Fruits and... More Fruits!

 

And this is only part of our peach harvest! Bob informed me today that he's picked 150 (!!!!!!) peaches from our tree. Thank you, my friend Laurie for having given us this tree when we moved in, knowing how much I love peaches. I know we're going to be busy eating peach pie and freezing a slew of them for enjoying mid winter.

And did someone say blueberries? We have so many blueberries... we've had blueberry pancakes, blueberry pie, blueberry upside down cake, blueberry muffins, not to mention simply cramming blueberries into our mouths, straight of the bush and...

even blueberry crisp. That was quite good! The freezer is packed with frozen blueberries. We certainly can't complain about a meager crop. These bushes are amazing; several "Jersey" bushes and three stellar "Elliots".

And fruits of another kind. Lots of tomatoes finally; they were a bit slow to ripen but are now going great guns. I'm looking forward to yet another Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich. My favorite! And look at those eggplants; they really like the hot weather. At least we won't go hungry. I am actually thinking the opposite is true: I think I'm putting on weight, trying to keep up with everything our garden is producing. Too bad the summer seems to be winding down!




No comments:

Post a Comment