Monday, February 7, 2022

An Ultimatum

 

See this pile? This is furniture and assorted things form our deceased mother's (aka "Mommy") house. These items have resided in my Studio Annex- essentially rendering it useless- for how many years now? Three? Four? Five? I started shuffling through this ungodly heap a few weeks back. But it hit me yesterday: the things in this pile have got to go!

Anybody out there want a table? A beat-up desk? An ornately carved chair? All going to the highest bidder! One of my sister's (*1)received an ultimatum yesterday. That "brown rectangle" (as they're referred to in the antiques world) is now officially your problem; do with it what you will! 

I am retiring to the Studio Annex now, when I finish this post, to attempt to deconstruct the heap and start selecting items to photograph. What a Herculean job!! Wish me luck...

And here's one of the busted lamps. I sincerely do wish they were all worth a fortune... or even a couple of hundred bucks! But I must be realistic and say probably not worth much.

As one of my sisters helpfully pointed out, once this room is cleared I'll have so much more space! Uh... yeah, that's the idea!

(*1) I only have two... they know who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment