Sunday, November 10, 2013

A-Door-able

And yes! I realize that there is blue painter's tape all over the panes of glass! It took soooooooooooo long to prepare to put a finish coat on: First I had to brush off all the loose paint. Then I had to wash the panes of glass so the painter's tape would stick. And then I applied the varnish coat (so as to retain the lovely layers of patina gracing the door.) I decided to leave the tape in the photos to remind me of the labor involved.(Actually, the blue tape looks pretty jaunty.) The day had started just great, warm and sunny and I shed my sweater shirt and started preparing the windows. By the time I was starting to paint on the varnish, there was this wicked cold wind and clouds had obscured the sun. I hope the finish dries okay. But every step makes the studio feel more like "home". The door still (obviously) needs trim boards around the frame, but the hinges are on and it works! Windows are next on the agenda.
And as a total surprise, my very thoughtful sister Beatrice presented me with a lovely bouquet. I thought she was giving to Mommy, but Beatrice says, "It's for you and Bob and you 25th non-anniversary". That was really a great treat. It's a very cheerful arrangement, and still looks terrific, even a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment