Saturday, January 18, 2014

Blogging for the Sake of Blogging

This is a picture that Bob took and I have appropriated for use here. We inherited all these mannequin molds from our friend Joe (who else? purveyor of all things truly weird!) We now are in proud possession of quite a heap ourselves; we're considering creating a fence from them or casting some as stepping stones through the swamp... there must be hundreds of potential uses! ( And by the way, he has hundreds of them and needs be rid of them. So if interested contact us, and we'll hook you up with some righteous body parts.)
Maybe it's mid-winter doldrums, or the fact that every time I have a day off, it's raining or snowing or a raw combination of the two, but I have not been party to a whole lot of inspired ideas for blogging. The studio is on hold until we get an electrician over here or get that stainless steel pipe to go through the roof. Or until I win the fucking lottery as we're truly broke until after we pay our property taxes.
But a swift update:
A neighbor of ours actually goes to get her mail in her bathrobe. She looks like something out of a 1960's sitcom. On the other hand, many people have taken to wearing pajamas or those loose fleecy sweat pants that LOOK like pajamas in public, so I guess bathrobes aren't entirely scandalous. I do see people wearing some mildly hysterical combinations at the local supermarkets and they are the unwitting models for not always flattering sketches I do when I arrive home. You can't make that stuff up- like stubby overweight men wearing shorts in the freezing cold weather; it's some sort of exclusive organization, because there are plenty of members . But hey! We have a stack of alien bodies piled up beside the horse fence, so I guess I shouldn't question what others do...
I've been diligent about applying to art submission calls and "opportunities" so hopefully something will come my way. Probably not, as I've been doing a good job of keeping The Loser's Club alive. (Remember that? I'll offer a refresher some day soon. Yet another exclusive organization.)
Still playing with our food! that sounds like cabin fever has stopped by for a visit, no? The above is a "bread snake" that Bob made with the heel from one of his French sticks. Got to chase away gloom somehow. Okay, this posting wasn't the finest ever, but I'll let you know when and if I get any more really great ideas. I'm off to my (old) studio to work. But in the meantime, enjoy the following picture: Spring is somewhere on the event horizon and we can dream of warm sunny skies.
(Actual dahlia from our actual yard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment