Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gates of Hell (Or some such place)

In an effort to keep the cold out of our house, we fashioned "curtains" from all kinds of fabric. The atmosphere changes dramatically from room to room. This particular shot officially proves there is a portal straight to Hell from our computer room. At least Hell is warm!
In keeping with the orange theme and in search for all things warm and southern, here's another color themed picture; our kitchen counter is sunny.
And it's also official that it has been a brutal and spectacularly awful month. I know I am not alone in expressing this. To whit, I am going to make a list of some of the dreadful items plaguing us this month, just for fun:
The weather (oh, did I already mention the weather?), taxes due (rendering Bob and I effectively penniless),
a number of health issues afflicting family and friends (from the minor and inconvenient to broken bones and cancer), the weather, car infirmities, snow, darkness... Enough already!
I am hereby declaring  January over! I don't care if I'm a day early. (I don't even think my sister Beatrice will complain if I eliminate the last day of January, despite it being her birthday.) Let's celebrate Groundhog's Day or Mardi Gras or something that alludes to the coming of Spring.











No comments:

Post a Comment