Friday, January 3, 2014

The First Days of Our Fourth Year


Today is the fourth anniversary of our closing on the house. The hideous weather certainly reminds me of that day! Very cold and loads of snow. Ugh! But we are happy in our home...
It is 9 degrees outside, but there is that ever-lovin' windchill factor to make things merry and bright. Tonight is supposed to be even colder. No wonder my brain shuts down.
Some people shut down in extreme heat. I dunno; I kind of like the flip side of the thermometer. I get off on looking at the mercury rise and saying, "Wow! It's a 100 degrees!" But the cold? I'm a wimp and want to crawl back into bed.
This is the first day in at least a year that Jules and I didn't even go on a walk. We began up the driveway, but it was so cold that Jules started lifting his feet in the air and limping; possibly hypothermia, probably melodrama so we turned around and played in the backyard as best we could.
And don't tell Maggie that she looks a bit like a sofa from yesteryear in her hand-me-down Rhino horse rug. Poor little Mexican Pony had icicles on her eyelashes and looked miserable. I still had the old (and significantly tattered from the teeth of malevolent ponies) blanket that Crispin (remember him?) used to wear at the horse farm. I trussed Maggie all up in it; she has obviously been blanketed before as she didn't miss a beat. It maybe be a bit large, as Crispin was leggier than her, but I tightened up all the straps and she looked quite snug and quite a lot warmer. Of course, then she tried to roll in it as it felt unfamiliar, but I think come nightfall, she'll appreciate the extra layer. (Two hours later, she's still wearing it as evidenced in the photo above, so I think she'll be fine overnight).
And just to prove that I don't waste time when I have the accidental day off: No sirree!! I put me unexpected time to good studio use and got a jump on that new project that's been a little slow in the start up side. I also played several hundred rounds of Zuma and achieved "Sun God 5" status... something to be proud of in the New Year!
Wait a minute! That's from "Adventure" level... let me find "Gauntlet".
There it is! See? believe me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment