Saturday, January 11, 2014

Somewhat Normal

Well at least my brain has thawed and it's functioning at a somewhat "normal" level. I seem to be capable of putting two or three words together in semi-coherent strings. Not like last week! You may have noticed that my blog ceased as my brain seized up due to the extreme cold.
So this week has presented car dilemmas that are still ongoing. Bob ran outside- in the 55 degree but seriously rainy weather- to disconnect the battery in my car so that we can go replace it. Never rains but pours; as if car trouble was a nice way to begin the New Year! We're off the the battery emporium this morning. In the mean time, I seem to be getting some where with my studio pursuits. What I need now is a real show in a meaningful space to present my latest endeavors.
This is the ongoing problem confronting the modern artist: you can keep making art until it piles high inside the studio, you can show in alternative spaces and non-profit galleries. But seriously sell things? Ha! More likely you spend much of your time (that you'd love to be in the studio making more stuff) driving around and picking up or dropping off your work. Kinda crazy. Anyway, anyone know a good gallery that's looking for a few good artists?
On other fronts, I seem to really have a problem with those pesky Gods of Bureaucracy. I am sure at least several of you have heard the tale of how my Obamacare application seemingly got sent through (get this) thirty times. And my bank said they couldn't do anything about it until it posted! (I suppose they eagerly anticipated getting 29 $29 overdraft fees! Heaven help me!) And I sat three times (for over 45 minutes each time) on the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield "help line" while I was told to "contact the bank". Hahahaha.
I finally got a person who cancelled out my submission- but not until he had told me that the subsidies weren't being applied, and I was being charged the almost $700 a month premium. Yeeesh.
Also, I laboriously submitted to an artist's book show through an very annoying website called "Entry Thingy". (Too cute for words, no?) Only to be contacted by the curator who tells me my submission is no where to be seen on the site. Nervous breakdown and elaborate re-submission later, I hope that has been resolved. Entry Thingy contacted me to say THEY could see the application, so I trust the curator simply made a mistake. Any wonder why I'm nuts? I feel like that dead, denuded Xmas tree above. Only fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment