Wednesday, February 5, 2014

In Denial

So forget it! No matter how you beg and plead, I am not discussing my hatred of this weather. Nope, no harangues about snow and freezing rain and shoveling and wet gloves and messy, dangerous road conditions. Just not going to happen.
You just cannot get me to mention white, chilly, useless, was-fluffy-this-morning-and-now-has-crust stuff. Not going to happen on this blog.
Let's ponder the upcoming Olympics... but then again, those are WINTER sports and require that precipitation that dare not mention its name.
So how about food? How about an obscene appraisal of all the many things I've been consuming because of the cold and dark season? I suspect I have company in the vain attempt to drown my winter doldrums in the consumption of random calories... oh! splendiferous rolls of abdominal fat! Lipids and jiggly bits!
That does look kind of cool, though. Bob made theses arrangements back in the fall and they've held up remarkably well. That cone shape is perfect. See? I am capable of cheering up for three minutes. Maybe someone could stage an intervention. Please come to the Bauhaus Chicken Coop and whisk me away to a warm, sunny climate... just for a week or two. I'm not even fussy; I have no specific destination in mind. The only requirement is no cold white stuff. No ice crystals. Just warmth, maybe some colorful birds chirping and perhaps a palm tree or gigantic tropical flower or two. But maybe first send me to fat farm...

1 comment:

  1. Yes Rita is suffering but will survive no doubt. That wispy stuff in the arrangement is broom corn. The stuff that brooms are made of. I grew it last summer and it reaches 10 feet high!!!

    ReplyDelete