Thursday, July 11, 2013

Big Green Worm

Look at what Bob left on the driveway for my enjoyment! A really big green worm! Innocent me, I think it's a piece of an electrical connection or the end of a bungee cord or something useful and I almost picked it up. Instead I touched it with the toe of my boot and it moved. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Too big and green for my liking! This posting comes to you in place of the intended posting about my studio construction because thanks to relentless rain and thunderstorms, trench digging is seriously on hold. Bob is supposed to go get gravel tomorrow so that we can fill the trench in with something other than rain water. We were pretty fortunate last week when the roof came down. It was hot- but dry. This week has been hopeless. Humid, then more rain, slugs and Japanese beetles and big green worms.
It really was neon! We went back and forth about whether to kill it or not. I said, "Looks evil" but Bob said, "Maybe it's some really exotic worm that will turn into a marvelous butterfly and there are only three of them left in the whole world". Sorry! I think it was a tomato horn worm... it's dead now and we didn't even have to do it. We'll never know what did it in... could be a bird or just bad wormy luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment