Thursday, July 18, 2013

Flamin' Hot

It's been so hot (tell us something new!) that it's been hard to get anything done. And I suppose it's influenced what's happening in my studio because that's a corner of "Money to Burn" above... do I really need to be sewing flames in this persistent heat event??!?!!?
And it's my Birthday Week (is that an oxymoron?). My birthday always occurs during some unpleasant and sticky weather; that's what I get for being a July baby.
Bob and I tried to get some digging in yesterday morning, before the sun came around the house:
We managed to finish digging this one side, and back fill it with gravel and rocks. All the "spare dirt" got trundled wheel barrow-wise down to the dirt road that leads to Bob's studio. (We're filling in low spots there). We were drenched in sweat and plenty crabby. Note the glass of water on the window sill... plenty of water is getting consumed.
And I started digging on the farther side, succeeding in at least removing the top layer of sod and dirt before turned twelve shades of crimson and abandoning my efforts for shower and air conditioning. Still too hot and I'm getting antsy. I want to see the drama of rising walls!
Here's another shot to reinforce that we actually worked in this weather. My sister referred to it as "prison labor"! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment