Sunday, October 20, 2013

More Fun With Food- And Progress!

Looks like another dinner that talks back to Bob and me! Incredibly, that was salmon and potatoes (and very good!) This is what happens to artists after slaving away endlessly at studio building. (A variation on "empire building").
But wait: we actually played hooky the other day and took a much needed trip up to MassMoca. Nice weather, great art experience (except excuse my for mentioning maybe like 75 too many Sol LeWitt drawings? I mean, I like Sol LeWitt every bit as much as the next artist, but hell! It started to be sort of silly after a while. I've already seen a million LeWitts at DiaBeacon...) Anyway, we had a much needed break and then back to reality.
This is a better picture than the other day. The walls are all up and painted and there are fewer things interfering with seeing the overall effect of my studio. Doors and windows are slated to be installed this week. Can we stand the excitement?
Shockingly enough, I am on blog post number 301. I was so surprised to see that figure crop up on my "blogger dashboard". We have been here almost three full years- that's also shocking in its own way! Bob and I have really managed to accomplish so many of the things we fantasized about. That is including the above project. I know there are many family members and friends out there who never thought we'd get this far on my studio. I'm pretty amazed, too! Much of the credit must go to our good friend Joe who us a really talented carpenter, along with being a great photographer. He's guided us through complicated patches and just plain old showed up to work. God knows, he's probably had better things to do, then bang more nails.
This is one of my inside corners. I was originally having a window installed on this wall, too but decided I needed the wall for working on more urgently. And I'm glad; there's already a surfeit of light being admitted through windows and the doors. And there's the requisite evergreen on the rafter to propitiate the gods of studio construction. The scratchy area of paint is where the rafters used to go. I'm glad for the extra ceiling height! And it is sort of funny that I have windows back into the house. This particular window will be the door between my studio and what will be my storage room. That will be a big day, when we cut through and make a hole between the new and the old!

No comments:

Post a Comment