Thursday, October 10, 2013

Roofin' in the Rain

Bob and Joe valiantly climbed ladders and got the plywood on my studio roof last Sunday in the rain. It was warm so not as miserable a task as if cold weather had accompanied the steady mist, but not nice weather at all! But they got the job done and now it needs the ice and water shield roofing applied. Give us a warm, sunny day, please.
The studio looks more and more like a real space. We toasted the heroics of the roofing crew with a glass of wine- under cover of the freshly sheathed rafters. Never mind that over night it pored and there was three inches of water in my studio Monday morning. Bob and I swept and vacuumed and it dried just fine.
This what I made for dinner for the roofing crew:
Yes, it's a meatloaf shaped (sort of) like a house. I assumed if I made it shaped like my studio, it would resemble a mistake. Anyway, the roof is completed as yesterday, Joe returned and under failing light, he and Bob once again scaled to the heights and laid down the ice and water shield. Go ahead and rain!
Today Bob and I are getting a load of fire wood.  Oh boy! More physical labor! Then we're stopping at Home Depot to price siding and get a gallon of paint to match the house. Progress is with us. The end of the exterior phase of studio construction is approaching. It's beginning to seem a reality that someday I will actually work in that space. We are taking a break from work on the studio after we get the siding up. Heaven help us! will we know how to do anything besides work?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment